Friday, June 21, 2013

USA Baseball - New Jim Abbott

I have always been a huge fan of Jim Abbott.

He is one of the few non-Indian players I collect. Just to get into a Major League line-up takes a special talent, but what he accomplished really shows what he's made of and says a ton about his upbringing. Most wouldn't have even tried, but failing wasn't an option for Jim.


 
 
I bought this pack, not even knowing there was an Abbott card in the checklist,
 and ended up with two !
 
 
The first is just an advertising card but it goes in the album anyway.
 
 
 
This " Champions" card tells of his complete game victory in South Korea in 1988
that gave the USA first place.
 
 
 
The base cards are interesting, but I wish they would have told what the players are doing now.
 
 
 
 
The final card was special also.
HOF'er
ex- Indian player/manager
 
Frank Robinson
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. I'll trade you for the Kolten Wong. Email me at cardscrush99@yahoo.com if you would be interested. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. saw an interesting-looking bio of Abbott on the shelf at the bookstore yesterday....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more I see this set... the more I like it. Huge fan of Abbott too... congratulations on pulling both of his cards.

    ReplyDelete