Friday, June 7, 2013

Dime Box Tribe Cards


During the process of moving into my new "dugout", as it shall now be known, I have been able to reorganize a few things and get back on track.

I also found a drawer full of trade packages, which I will work on getting posted.

Tonight is a great package I received from Nick,
 the "Dime Box King" !

 
 
 
Let's start with one bright spot in the Tribe wigwam this year,
Justin Masterson.
 
 
Next, a couple Thomes.
A past bright spot.
 
 
I thought Barfield would work out better than it turned out,
but I don't remember Carter at all.
It is a very cool card though.
 
 
I wish I could have been around to see Lou B.
 
 
 
 
And Larry Doby !
 
 
Always like to see gold !!
But tonight, Ubaldo was more cold than gold.
 
 
I did get to see Kenny play.
What an exciting player !
 
 
Speaking of gold, this is the gold version of the Tribe hologram
from 1992 Upper Deck.  Nice !
 
 
1987 Sportflics.
Joe Carter.
Another one that got away.
 
 
 
Now you know !
 
To me, the highlight of this package was this...
 
 
 
 
Steve Hargan.
 
1968 Topps Game Blue Back.
 
 
 Thanks Nick, for the awesome package.
 
You'll be getting a return package next week, including your "free" card !
 
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed everything! I actually bought that '68 Hargan by accident. I'd purchased another '68 Topps Game piece and the Hargan was accidentally tucked into the penny sleeve with it, like a little "bonus".

    Glad to know I found it a good home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a Doby image I have not seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you moved upstairs? Did you consider calling your new room the "Sky Box"?

    That '68 Hargan is really cool!

    ReplyDelete