Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Update on My New Man Cave


This is what I've been doing lately instead of posting.

These photos are just an indication of the very early development of my new room. The positioning of most of the items is totally random at this point and very subject to change.

Pay no attention to the walls and ceiling, they still have unfinished drywall. Not sure what I want to do there yet. Getting my wife's room finished is a much higher priority !





 
This is the view from my chair. My desk is designed to be in a corner, but in this case it's not.
 
 
 
Moving around to the right side, there are more boxes of cards that I'm trying to get sorted.
 
 
 
As you look above the right side of the desk you can see a 3-door armoire which is being converted into a storage area for card boxes. The top serves as a home for my bobble heads. The ceiling fan will be swapped out for the Hunter baseball fan I have in my old room. The plastic HOF mug, and other misc. items, are sitting on top of a 7-shelf, glass front case my Father built for me about 50 years ago. I used it to store model cars I built as a kid.
 
 
 
Still sitting in my chair, panning around to the right, you can see two of my bookcases and the tv, tuned into the Cleveland-Kansas City game. Just to the right of the short bookcase is the door to my son's room.
 
 
Turning in my chair, just past the doorway, is another corner table with a small bookcase hutch on top. Hammerin' Hank looks down on me at all times. I picked up the pencil drawing at a flea market for $5 !
 
 
 
The other half of the table is a catch-all right now. I hope to use that area as a sorting table.There will plenty of storage area underneath as well.
 
 
 
This view is a little misleading. The chair has turned and the back is facing my desk.
 
So, sitting at my desk, all I have to do is swing around to my left to have full access to all my Tribe card binders.
 
As you can see, I have a lot of work to do yet. That, coupled with all I have to do in my wife's room, will surely keep me busy throughout the summer.
 
So that's all for now as I need to get back to work.
 
I am surprised no one has had any input  on this.
There really is a difference in the shade of the foil on these cards.
 
 
 
 
 



5 comments:

  1. Looks good. I have been trying to get my "cave" in order since moving last July. With work, it was just next to impossible to get anything done. Now that summer is here, it is getting a lot of my attention now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even when I think I have my man cave in order, I can always find something else I can work on. I think that's the beauty of the cave! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I need to get my mancave in order!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huge fan of the binder shelf. I've been slowly developing mine. Keep up the great work... can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work. I need to build shelves for all my Yankees bobbleheads, mcfarlanes, signed baseballs and other yankees stuff. I'm also currently working on moving all my cards into binders. With all that I have, I should be 65 by the time I'm done.

    ReplyDelete