Friday, February 10, 2012

Diamond Anniversary Loot Part 2 Contest winner !!

Whew ! This whole ordeal has been quite an affair. It's been fun but I'm glad it's about over. I still have have cards and packages everywhere !

Just a few minutes ago I received a package from Dan over at It's Like Having My Own Card Shop. We recently made a trade and I'll be sending him the Diamondbacks set. His cards will be posted later and any duplicates will NOT be considered for today's contest since they weren't shown in the original post.

Hi Flew over at Cards From the Quarry was also a late recipient for the Rockies team set.

Josh at Royals and Randoms was another late trade deal and will be posted later.

I still have team sets for the Oakland A's and Seattle Mariners if anyone is interested.

My most heartfelt thanks go out to the following for all the great cards and $$$$ they sent !!

Oh No ! Another Orioles Blog
Sports Syzygy
My Sports Obsession
Roof God
Play at the Plate
The Lost Collector
Carl Crawford Cards
Waxaholic
Blue Batting Helmet
Nachos Grande
The Cardboard Don
Night Owl
The Sandlot
Sports-n-More
Padrographs

Ike's Cards
The Other World
Thing are Funner Here

I hope I haven't missed anyone else. If I did, let me know, remember I'm an old man !!

Here are the rest of the cards I received.

































Thanks again to all of you !!


I thank you,

My Indian collection thanks you,

My wife, not so much !

She got excited when I told her I was getting rid of an entire set of cards......then the packages started rolling in. Actually, she's very understanding about my hobby and I thank God for every day !


Well, see you next time !


Wait, what's that you say ?

Contest ?

What contest ? My old memory just isn't what it used to be. You young guys and girls will understand some day.


Oh, OK !


Actually, most of you thought the same way I did. When I first started receiving packages I thought, what did I do ? I'm going to a have a huge bunch of doubles. But, I laid them all out on our card table and started sorting. When it was all said and done, I was totally amazed !! So amazed, that I'm going to send something to everyone who took the time to guess. But the big winner is ................ with a guess of 14, Hi Flew !


He was one shy of the 15 duplicates I received. Most were 2011 Topps.


I have most of your addresses and will contact the rest by email.


Thanks again !



No comments:

Post a Comment