Friday, November 15, 2013

G reat C ards R eceived, L oved trade !!


Sorry about the pun in the title, tried to bold, italicize or
 colorize the g, c, r and l, but blogger wouldn't let me !
 
 
What a stack of cards from gcrl !

 
No, I am not going to make you look at every card !
 
I picked out some of my favorites
for your viewing pleasure.
 
 
Cool ! Another Charboneau for my collection.
I believe I have one of every "Super Joe"
card ever made, except for the 1982 Topps blackless
and 1982 Team issued, 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" photo.
(not exactly a card) 
 
 
I have also, always been impressed by Jim Abbott.
I have a separate album for him.
I only have about 140 of approx. 500 known cards.
 
 
 
Thanks to Jim, I have added four more !
(I had the 1996 Topps)
 
 
 
There was a nearly complete set of 1994 Topps.
I did need these.
 
 
gcrl had a lot of areas covered in this trade.
 
 
There was OPC and players taking a break.
 
 
Defensive action plays.
 
 
Newer players.
 
 
Trick base running!
 
 
Base stealing. 
 
 
 
Steve Olin pitching with his elbow !
 
What a terrible loss this was to the Tribe family.
 
 
Shades !
 
 
1st Day Issues  and shiny !
 
 
Fake vintage, love these cards !!
 
 
 
 
 
 
And Real Vintage !
Love these too !
 
 
Rainbow candidates.
 
 
Minis !
 
 
Shiny logos !
 
One gold and one silver.
 
 
 
During our trade discussions,
Jim threw out this question :
 
" Do you like Kenny Lofton ? "
 
Really !? Is that a trick question ?
 
I feel a bipping on it's way !
 
I told him I was afraid to say,
but, Yes, I like Kenny.
 
When the package arrived, all I could think about
was what will I do with 10 0r 20 Lofton cards all the same !?
 
 
 
 
 
 
But then....
 
they were all different !
 
What a great box of cards !
 
 
Thank you very much gcrl !
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment