Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Night Trade

Greg, The Night Owl, sent me a very nice assortment of Tribe cards as part of a trade /thank you package, along with a couple other surprises.



First, a tiny Rick Sutcliffe Fleer sticker and an oversize Manny Ramirez Fleer Extra Bases.

A couple Mark McGwires.He was one of my favorites long before the big home run race and while I'm a little disappointed now, I still save his cards.


Jim Abbott is another favorite of mine. He is a perfect example of what you can do if you put your mind to it. I also have a collection of his cards.


Next, a very shiny Grady Sizemore Topps Atttax.He's finally starting to get his swing back but has a long way to go.


I hope we will see this guy again soon and back to his old form.


Then there's another ornament to add to my baseball Christmas tree ! Pacific made these for two years and that's another set I'm working on.

Thank you very much for the great cards !

I think I'm all caught up with trades for now.Now I have a ton of stuff to sort and take care of over my long vacation week-end. On Sunday, May 31st my wife and I will have been married 29 years ! I'm amazed she's kept me all these years.I don't go back to work until next Wednesday.Saturday night we are meeting up with Harold (Bluegrass Smoke Signals) and his wife to check out the new Columbus Clippers ballpark.I should have some stories and pictures next week. The rest of the week-end is all up to my wife ! Whatever she wants she gets. (almost!)

1 comment: