Sunday, May 15, 2011

Spectacular trades can be BIG or SMALL !


They say size doesn't matter. Well it may, depending on the subject of the conversation, but when it comes to baseball card trades, it doesn't. At least as far as I'm concerned.




Awhile back I received an email from Howard over at Wanted Baseball Cards . Howard doesn't have a lot to say on his blog, but he has want lists you may want to check out.


He read my blog and and found I needed some 2007 Masterpiece cards he had.


( I had an accident on my desk and some piles of cards


tumbled over so I hope I have these right !)






After a couple emails he sent these out.






These nearly completed my base set (I thought ) but when I checked again I'm still 3 short.
But this was huge help !!

But that wasn't all, it got better.

2001 Royal Rookies Ryan Drese on card auto !
Plus...




2005 Bowman's Best Ryan Garko auto 007/199




Plus...





2008 Topps Asdrubal Cabrera jersey





Plus...





2011 Topps Heritage Carlos Santana jersey !!!







Thank you very much Howard !




Now that I'm getting caught up, I'll be looking to find some just as worthy to send back to you !!







The next trade is from ny_hitman_23 over at Sports-n-more.




One day this very large box (large as card trades go) was on my doorstep.

I've completed trades with the "Hitman" before but not like this one !

I couldn't believe he would send this many cards.

As it turned out, he didn't !


Upon opening the box I saw a 2002 Cleveland Indians media guide.

These books are really great reference sources.I have several but not this one !



Then, under the book, there were several large packs of Tribe cards and a few wrappers !



I can't begin to show all the cards but here a few select ones.



I had never seen this Lofton card before.

1998 Pacific Omega Online.



He also included a few Jim Abbott cards.

Mr. Abbott has always been an inspiration to me.



2008 Upper Deck Baseball Heroes

Travis Hafner charcoal parallel.

2004 Topps Gallery

Jody Gerut

These were nice cards. Sometimes I miss not having so many choices in the card aisles.

Card says Jody has a degree from Stanford in Russian History !

2003 Fleer Patchworks

Jhonny Peralta 0786/1500 - not a rookie card but all prospects were serial #'d


2001 Fleer E-X

HOF 'er Roberto Alomar

I like this set also with the sparkly background and slightly raised player figure.


2010 Topps Chrome

Grady Sizemore - If only he could stay healthy !!


1993 Bowman

Manny Ramirez - If only he could have kept his head on straight !\


2006 Topps Triple Threads

Travis Hafner Sepia 053/150 !

Nice card !!


1996 Topps Chrome

Carlos Baerga Star Power insert.




1993 Donruss Diamond Kings

Carlos Baerga again. One of our great 2nd basemen from the past.


1996 Pacific Collection

1996 Upper Deck SP

Eddie Murray - A class act.

I love the broken bat handle and the " Peace " two outs sign !






201o Topps Legendary Lineage insert


Victor Martinez / Carlos Santana. Two great switch hitting catchers.


2005 Upper Deck SP


Jason Dubois. Wasn't here long and don't really know what happened to him !


1995 Ultra


Albert Belle Hitting Machine insert. Don't think there were any steroids,just cork !


But what a menacing player for a pitcher to face. !



Thanks to Steve for the great cards!! Now I have to dig out some good return items !



So, big or small, these were both great trades and I'm very happy with both




1 comment:

  1. I am glad you liked the cards. If I find anything else you need I'll be in touch.

    ReplyDelete