Saturday, May 14, 2011

Oklahoma is OK for trades !

Two packages from Oklahoma ended up in my mailbox. To be more exact, two packages from Norman, Oklahoma ended up in my mailbox !

Jeff Carlson from Cardboard Catastrophes and
Jeremy Scott from Nobody's going to read this blog both hail from Norman and both sent me some great cards. They even come one right after the other in my address book as Yahoo alphabetizes by first name.

I've dealt with with Jeremy several times and am always pleased with the results.
This was my first encounter with Jeff, and hopefully not the last, as it was a very good trade experience also.



Jeff sent these 2011 Kimball Champion mini Tribe cards of Santana and Choo, two of the major building blocks of our young Indian team. Just last night Choo sent a ball soaring over the 400 ft. sign on the fence in dead center field in his first at bat.

Jeff also filled ten slots in my 60 Years of Topps set for 2011.
Some of these bring back a lot of memories !







Aiming at my love for the history of baseball and baseball cards, Jeff also sent four cards from the 2011 Topps Vintage Reproduction set.

I really enjoy these. Anything to take my mind off the hustle and bustle of today's fast paced world and dream my way back in time when baseball was just a game.


Thanks Jeff for the great cards !!







Jeremy sent some Tribe cards he'd been saving up for a while.

A very nice variety stack.







Jeremy sent the Choo and Santana minis also which is good as both of my sons are Indian fans and collect cards as well. Also, a 1995 Fleer Tribe logo sticker, Big League Chew Sizemore, Martinez and Westbrook. The 1987 Topps mini card version was in the form of these Major League Leaders cards including this Tom Candiotti.


In 1989, the Bowman cards were slightly taller than most of the other cards.

Here we have a Kevin Wickander rookie and Andy Allanson.

Below is a 2010 Topps 206 Shin-Soo Choo and Asdrubal Cabrera putting the final tag on an unassisted triple play on May 5, 2008.


More history ! In high school I hated it, but we never learned about baseball history.

The Negro Leagues is a very interesting part of the story. I especially like the Jim Zapp card on top as he is wearing a Cleveland Buckeyes uniform.



Next we have some 2008, 2009 and 2010 Topps A&G.

Mickey Mantle from the 2010 World Series History set and another 2011 Cliff Lee 60 Years of Topps. Now I have a Cliff Lee for my Topps set and one for my Tribe album !




A couple of Tribe southpaws.

1977 Rick Waits and 2009 Jeremy Sowers.



Jeremy wasn't too proud of this last card but I thought it was an excellent sketch.



My own 1/1 Grady Sizemore sketch card !



Thank you Jeremy for the Tribe cards !



Thanks to both of you for great trades !

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked the cards. I really appreciated the Heritage cards you sent over. I'm hoping to get your cards in a trade post soon.

    ReplyDelete