Sunday, April 7, 2013

A player name change I never knew about !


Apparently his last name used to Sanders. But I always knew him as Tony Gwynn.

 
 
I'm sure most of you knew about this card,
but this is the first time I've ever seen it.
 
 


Every time I go to the Chrysler Training Center in Auburn Hills, I stop at a certain thrift shop near by.  This time they had a basket full of cards, rubber-banded in about 50 card stacks at a dollar each. I saw some Tribe cards so I grabbed two bundles at lunch time. I went back after class and bought 15 more !!

I didn't fully realize what I had until I sorted them out here at home.

 
 
 
A freakin' complete set of 1993 SP !!
 
Plus, about 2/3 of another set.
Only one Jeter though !
 
That helps make up for the GQ fiasco !
 
More on this later.
 
Go Tribe !!!
 
They took care of another reining Cy Young winner today !!!

 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Wow... you scored big time! Congratulations. That's one heck of a set. Oh... as a huge Gwynn fan, I'm ashamed to say that I've never noticed this card until now... so thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific!

    I have next to no knowledge of '90s SP sets, so I never heard of the Gwynn-Sanders thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jeter alone was worth the price of admission, nice pickup!

    ReplyDelete