Sunday, January 13, 2013

The cards you love to hate !


You team and player collectors know exactly what I'm talking about.

The big star gets traded to your favorite team.
You get all excited to find his first card for your team, only to discover he's wearing his old team's uniform. You would think they could get a new picture somewhere or at least get the airbrush out.

Then you look at it. And look at it again. Do you want in your collection? If your team's color is red, do you really want that blue or green jersey staring at you?

I've seen many posts about cards like that. Some guys don't mind, some absolutely hate them !

I admit I've been one of the "haters".

But, they say there are always exceptions to the rule.

A couple months ago, Matt, over at This Way to the Clubhouse, sent me some Tribe cards.

At least I thought they were Tribe cards. I did run across one Dodger..er..Tiger....oh wait, it's an Angel !   But it has a Wahoo in the corner !



 
 
This card, to me, falls in a whole different category.
I really think this pretty cool with the way it was edited.
Especially the wait his facial hair disappears in the middle of his swing, and then suddenly reappears !
 
This is one of the things I love about baseball card collecting.
There are so many sides to it, it never gets boring.
 
 
Thanks again Matt, if you are reading, I have a package going out to you tomorrow ! 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. It seems Upper Deck did this a lot more than the other companies -- another reason to love them. Heh.

    I refuse to put this card in my Dodger collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a cool looking card and I had never seen it before so thanks for showing it off!

    ReplyDelete