Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Wrappers from Crinkly Wrappers !

I saw a post over at Crinkly Wrappers.
He had some Australian Baseball League cards.

That was a first for me, I had never seen them before.

Actually, I was intrigued by the wrappers. I wanted one ! After some discussions about Topps stickers, which actually led me to his blog, we had a deal in the works. When his package arrived I couldn't believe all the goodness inside !


Along with the 1993-94 Australian wrapper he also included a Japanese one from 2002. I do have a couple other Japanese wrappers, but not like this one.

Then, carefully protected by heavy cardboard, was this this stack of wax pack wrappers.


My oldest wrapper was a 1981 Fleer. I know have 1978, 1980 and 1981 Topps wrappers ! Also included were Topps wrappers from 1984, '86, '87, '88 and 1990. I have the last four but the '86 and '87 are definitely upgrades from what I have. Also, the 1990 on the bottom of the stack, is slightly mis cut and will be a nice variation.



Next up, a 2008 Upper Deck Sweet Spot wrapper..er..tin ! This was really great, but I don't know how I'm going to get into an album page.


I do have a 5# sledge hammer at work.


Probably not a good idea. It will make a nice display piece.





Ted said he had some Topps stickers I needed. I didn't know he was going to finish off my album ! He didn't really, not quite. But my want list is a whole lot smaller now and need to be seriously revised !


Next is a selection of some of the cards Ted sent.



There was also some very nice Tribe cards in the package including these three parallels. The Santana is my very first 2011 Target throw-back. I'd really love to have all of them !



Then it went from Topps 40th to their 60th anniversary. If someone collected cards in 1991 with the little 40th logo and then got completely away for 20 years, can you imagine what he would think of the 60th celebration !


Now here's a little past, present and future of the Tribe. Although I'd have to check on where Rodriguiz is right now.


These were really nice.


Topps Marquee Carlos Santana.


Bowman Platinum Shin-Soo Choo , base and green.


My whole hearted thanks goes out to Ted at Crinkly Wrappers !


Your return package is in the mail, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do this !



Tomorrow night, more wrappers, from Covered in Wrappers.

No comments:

Post a Comment