Sunday, April 18, 2010

Talking Baseball - Tribe Style

I love baseball.

I love the Tribe.

I love oddball Tribe baseball cards and collectibles.


This was my latest find on ebay. A set of 21 Cleveland Indian Talking Baseball cards. I picked these up about a week ago.
There are 20 player cards and a line-up card as shown above.

These are typical player cards. They measure 2 5/8" x 3 ". Keep in mind these are from 1988. No logos and the the word "Indian" is nowhere to be found !

The back of the player cards list the typical stats you would expect to find on any regular baseball card. They obviously go to a game of some sort.

Now if I just had the game!!

Well, whatdayaknow!! Look what was on ebay today !!





Yep, the 1988 Parker Bros. Starting Lineup Talking Baseball game!

And guess who won it?? Right again! This little gem is heading for my home to join all my other baseball collectibles. It has two team sets with it. Hopefully not the Tribe, so I can play some games!
I'll have a full report when it arrives.






1 comment:

  1. Oh, Dude, that ROCKS!!! Hahaha! I cannot wait to, er, uh, HEAR how it goes!!

    ReplyDelete