Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Vacation's over

And now..... the rest of the story ! I do miss Paul Harvey on the radio.

Below is another shot of Harold and I as we prepared to enter Huntington Park.The park,as you can see, was built right on the edge of the sidewalk. We manged to get a parking space right across the street for only $5.














Nice blue skies !


















But the rain moved in and forced us under cover for one inning but there was no delay.












Yes, Greg, the night shots will be coming to you via email ! And there is a story behind my t-shirt. Greg thought maybe he should get one that reads 'Night Owl". I started using the name "Baseball Dad" many years ago as a sign -in name for Topps and Upper Deck web sites. Then on some of the sports card trading sights, and finally, here on my blog. Two years ago we made a week long trip to Cooperstown and while walking along the streets, viewing the various store fronts, there was the shirt hanging there in all it's glory ! I knew I had to have the Baseball Dad t-shirt.

Unfortunately the Clippers went down 3-2, but it was still a fun trip. Before the game Harold and I and our wives had a nice dinner together and got to know each other a little more.

Now, on my last day of vacation, since it's rainy and nasty outside I plan to get some some cards sorted out and start checking some want lists. I also hope to add another chapter to my Cleveland Indian baseball card history.

1 comment:

  1. The field looks beautiful! I can't wait to get there!

    ReplyDelete