Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Oh no ! I'm trying to catch up.


I'm beginning to think it's a lost cause, but slowly, I am getting caught up.

I'm making an early New Year's resolution to form a better plan for next year.

But first, I have to tie up a lot of loose ends for 2012.


A while back, like April, Ryan at  "Oh no !!! Another Orioles Blog", offered some cards and I found a couple I liked. He graciously sent me these :

 

I know, an Indian and a Yankee side by side.  The reason for the Feller is a given. The reason for the Mantle, well, it's freakin' Mickey Mantle !!  I grew up with mid 50's baseball and every kid loved "The Mick". I was a hard core Indian fan but I always wanted to see Mantle hit one out.Even when he was hitting against the Tribe, as long as that was their only run and the Indians scored at least two !



And then, not quite so long ago, Ryan, through some deals of his own, had some extra 15 pocket pages for minis to get rid of. He also had a lot of mini cards. I requested 3-4 pages and any Indian minis he had. Once again a package quickly arrived.





A baker's dozen of cards. Eleven Indians and a pair of Jack Glasscock minis.
From 1879 to 1874 Jack Glasscock played for the Cleveland Blues.
Unfortunately, these cards portray him several years later when he played for the  Indianapolis Hoosiers. I still like them because of my interest in the history of baseball.



And then......just recently (see, I am catching up !) Ryan held his first group break.
The product years matched up with some of the Indians good years so I decided to jump in.

First we have 1996 Zenith.
These were some of the early high end cards and I always liked them a lot.




The golden bats in the background were a really nice touch to this design.


Then we have 1995 Finest.
Another high end product with lots of refractors to chase. I wasn't lucky enough to get any Indian refractors this time around.



Then there was 1999 Fleer Sports Illustrated.
This was an interesting set with very nice photography and a wide array of subsets.





Then there was one Sports Ill. card of an Indian on a Tampa Bay card.
Not too long ago I had been thinking about saving cards, from other teams, that have Indians pictured. This will be the first one in my "sub" Indian collection !


Next we have the all too familiar " are they Indian cards or Oriole cards ? "
I don't think I am alone when I say I hate it when card manufacturers  do this.





As part of the group break, my 2nd randomized team was the Brewers.


 I did a double take with these cards. I thought it was the same player at first glance.
Strikingly similar poses.
 
 
 
Well, that catches me up with Ryan.
Ryan, if you are reading, I also sent a package out to you today !
 
Thanks for the great trades, the break, the blog and everything else !!
 
Go O's, beat the Yankees !!
 
No offense Yankee bloggers !


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked all the cards! I'm really glad that you enjoyed the group break.

    ReplyDelete