Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Topps redemption auto and trading with Ike's Cards

Sometimes when you lose you win.


I was one of the "losers" in Fan of Reds Gypsy Queen break. I only got 4 Tribe cards with 2 duplicates ! I became the recipient of one of the upc symbols to get a free auto. I finally sent it in about three weeks ago and received my card today. This Daniel Hudson was my prize. My youngest son, Andy, is into D-Backs a little so he will probably end up with it.


I also completed a trade with Ike's Cards and, speaking of Gypsy Queen.....




This was to be the main subject of the trade.I sent him a Scott Rolen jersey card, along with a mixture of other Cardinals for this Josh Tomlin auto. He is really looking good for the Tribe this year. We'll probably trade him to the Phillies !!




Jim Thome was another one of my heroes traded to Philadelphia. This is a nice card, 093/150, from Topps M & M.


These cards, from 2001 Gallery, are really sharp. This is one of my favorite sets.



Also included was a sparkly Fausto Carmona and a sepia Travis Hafner.



1955. I was four years old when the '55 Bowman set came out. Six or seven years later when I started collecting, one of my older friends had some " TV set " Bowmans. I was so jealous !

I was excited all over again in 2004 when these Bowman Heritage cards came out. I really like the Kiner.



Next up is a gold Tomlin, a Bowman Michael Brantley rookie and a chrome Drew Pomeranz.



2009 Upper Deck Icons. Another good looking set. I really miss the choices we had before the greed set in and sent us back to 1956.



The black Walmart parallels. I liked the concept but the way they presented it just didn't work out real well for me.



This card could make me forget all my troubles ! If only I could find an original one, I could retire a very rich man ! 2011 Sixty Years of Topps, "The Lost Cards".



Speaking of lost. What a blow to the Tribe. Choo was finally starting to claw his way back to his form of last year (and Spring Training).



There were also many base cards from these three sets in Ike's package.


I was feeling pretty good about this trade up to now. I felt what I received was more than adequate for what I had sent out.

Then I pulled this out of the mailer !



A 5/10 Manny Ramirez Moments and Milestones.


And then all of these !!




2006 Upper Deck Artifacts MLB Game Used Apparel Ben Broussard jersey.


2009 Goodwin Champions Travis Hafner jersey.


2006 Upper Deck Artifacts AL Artifacts Ben Broussard jersey.


Now I'm feeling bad !


I will be looking for some more Cardinal game used items for you Issac !



Thank you very much for the great trade !


No comments:

Post a Comment