Saturday, December 26, 2009

Post Christmas Post

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas ! We certainly did. I added some baseball items to my collection which I will post later. I also have some holiday letters to get out.My intentions were good, my time management was not! I planned to send a Christmas greeting to everyone I have traded with in my "rookie" blogger year and enclose a card that I thought they would like. After printing out a list of all the bloggers in my email contacts, I discovered I have many more new friends than I realized. I was careful to keep track of who I sent to and who I didn't, so many of you will be receiving a revised Christmas / New Year greeting. That's the first thing on my agenda.Then I have 7 mailers that I need to catch up on. Some are the return half of trades and others I need to fulfill our trade obligations. When I get that finished, about the middle of July (hopefully long before that !! ), I am opening up a second blog.


Looking back on my first full year, I realized my blog content was not nearly what I intended when I started. Making trades has become such a big part of the blogosphere, all my Tribe information has gotten put on the back burner. Now I love doing the trades, although I have to devise a plan for the new year to make sure I keep track of everyone, I still want to talk more about my Indians (who are starting to shape up a little). The new blog will be called "Baseball Dad's Trading Post". A little play on words there. ( Trading post as in early American settler days and Post as in blogging........ sorry 'bout that ! ). The trading post will have my want lists as well as many cards I have available for trade.I also may have some occasional posts on other non-Indian sports card subjects.You can still contact me through this blog as well, I just want to try and confine most of my trading deals to the trading post to help keep them under control.


Monday morning, my youngest son Andy will be headed to Boise to cover the BG Falcons in the Humanitarian Bowl. That's after he goes to Browns game tomorrow. His girlfriend gave him two, 50 yard line tickets for Christmas. What a sweetheart ! She doesn't know that he and I are going and she's staying home ! (YEAH, RIGHT !!) Too cold for me anyway.


Well got to get started on some of this stuff, let's see , who's next on the list ? NY_hitman_23, Capewood and others. Gotta' get started, I'm off work until Wednesday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment