Saturday, December 13, 2008

I'm back ! All of our decorating and shopping is done. The presents will be wrapped this week-end and I can relax a little and get back to my cards. I did get one comment from David at Indians baseball cards and then some.. about my Pacific ornaments. I , for one , miss Pacific Baseball. They always had a lot of unusual inserts. I especially liked the ornaments issued in 2000-01. One of my goals is to get all 44 and decorate one small tree with them.I only have 8 so I have a ways to go. Anyone have any they want to trade ? I don't have any duplicate ornaments but I do have close to 100,000 other cards !

The set from 2000 consisted of 20 cards with various die-cut Christmas designs and a holographic background.They came with an elastic string for hanging and were seeded 2:25 packs.

Manny is the only Indian ornament but he is in both sets. This is the 2000 version #8. Also from 2000 ....


Greg Maddux # 3 and Frank Thomas #7


Scott Rolen #14 and Mo Vaughn #1


The set from 2001 was increased to 24 cards but were slightly harder to find at 2:37 packs.The hanging strings also disappeared , at least I've never seen one on a 2001 card.



From 20001 : Nomar Garciapara #5 .......




and Frank Thomas #8 with Ken Griffey Jr. #9.






To me , this is one of the fun aspects of this hobby and that's what we need to get back to. If we can show the younger generations ( and some of the older too! ) that it can be entertaining and fun to collect cards maybe we can move things in a positive direction ! I know it gave me a lot of pleasure to spend time with our two sons , going to shows and bustin' packs and boxes and even though they are now 21 and 24 we still collect together.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment and for following my blog. My birthday is December 11, 1950. I grew up in Geauga County just east of Cleveland and attended my 40th high school reunion this past summer at Cardinal High in Middlefield. I graduated from the University of Akron in 1973. My minor league sets start in 1981 with the Batavia Trojans and Chattanooga Lookouts. My major league cards begin with a couple of 1952 Bowman and a few for each year of the fifties, but I start a serious collection from 1957. I don't have many duplicates, but maybe we can do some trading in the future. I need to update my database to see what I actually have and need.

    ReplyDelete