Sunday, July 1, 2012

The party's over and my embarrassment today ! Plus 1950 Bowman.

The Diamond Anniversary party.

It was a lot of fun.

Much more so than the 2012 version.
                         That one sucks !!

I finally sent for all of the cards I had accumulated that I needed for my collection.






People were still trying to trade right up to the deadline last night. I did trade away a couple duplicate rings. Why they wanted them at that point I don't know.

I had 59 rings after about 4-6 weeks. Never could get Mantle !
I offered a meager trade to a certain Texas collector but he just ignored me !!  lol


Today I was embarrassed.

I don't, in any way shape or form, claim to to be an expert on baseball cards and collectibles or know everything there is to know about them, but I'm always trying to learn more.

One baseball collectible I really missed out on was " Boogie Bobbers" !

I found one at my old friend, Good Will ! It was even an Indian.



I had no idea exactly what it was or what it did but it was a Cleveland Indian and I knew, for $2.00, I was going to take it home. I assumed it was a bobble head of some sort.

That was Friday. Today I decided to take a look at it. There was a switch on the bottom. I turned it on but it did nothing ! I could manually slide the head up and down. I know, the batteries must be dead !
Two new triple A's but still nothing. The connections at the batteries were a little corroded so I cleaned them up. The little 4" tall Tribe guy still just stood there and smiled at me.

That's when I decided to start this post so I took some pictures and started planning things in my head. That's when I noticed this :


If all else fails, read the instructions !! It even said "Sound Responsive" right on the front.

I sat "Boogie Guy" down on the desk and clapped my hands right in front of him.

His little head moved up and down !

The package was dated 2002 but I don't remember ever seeing any in the stores.



I leave you tonight with a recent ebay purchase.



Only $4 shipped. A 1950 Bowman, Sam Zoldak. He goes right next to my
 Jim Hegan.

Only 14 more to go !!

3 comments:

  1. Sweet Zoldak. That's my new saying. Sweet Zoldak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Sam Zoldak! Has a nice sound to it. You need to show us the cool 1955 Al Rosen card when you get it delivered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Zoldak is awesome. Your little boogie is too. That Texas collector sucks, but he did get the real ring, so he's happy! LOL.

    ReplyDelete