Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mets Collector Attic

First, there is a new Mets blog. Mets Collector Attic. He seems anxious to get involved in the sports card world so if you get a chance pop on over and say hello !

Yeah, I know I haven't had much to say as of late. Been busy around the house and watching the Tribe finally getting some of the pieces put together. 7 wins in the last 10 games ! A 4-game sweep of Detroit and 2 of 3 from the Twins. The next two series' will tell the story. Rays and Yankees.

I've mentioned a wrapper collection and a few of you have graciously sent me some hobby versions and others. Thank you very much. And David, a late answer to your question.I only collect baseball wrappers. To the tune of 1,295 different ones ! Some of the differences are subtle. The wrapper may look the same but one might have 5 cards and the other 8. Or 12, or 18. There are really a lot of variations. That's one thing I've been doing . Sorting them all out and getting them in albums so I can make up a checklist.I also have a lot of duplicates in case anyone else is a little crazy like me and interested in wrappers.

I do hope to get back to more regular posts now so I will get to work on something, hopefully, more interesting !

1 comment:

  1. Wish I had some wrappers to offer. I pulled a Victor Martinez Upper Deck 2009 series 2 jersey card though if you want it.

    I also would be interested in some of your double wrappers. I like the idea.

    ReplyDelete