Sunday, February 14, 2010

Be My Valentine !!



This is an honest -to- goodness, genuine 1950's valentine !

When I was in grade school we would always pass out valentines to our fellow (and fellowette) classmates.The guys were always careful about the ones you gave to another guy.They couldn't be too mushy or have the word "love" on them ! Well, some of mine got saved.Old baseball cards,no.Valentines, yes. Go figure!! Actually my Mother kept these in a box with my baby book along with other memories.This particular one came from a young man whom I've known,and been good friends with, for over 55 years! We even played on the same team in little league. We still live here in the same town we grew up in. I'm sending this to you John, Happy Valentines Day !!





No comments:

Post a Comment